We aim to issue your annual statement by 31 August each year.
If you have more than one deferred LGPS pension, you'll get a separate statement for each.
Your statement will show the value of your pension at the first Monday after the start of the UK financial year. It will include the latest revaluation for any change to your pension in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
Your statement will be located on your My Pension Online account, if you have not registered for this service you can complete our access form to begin your registration.
If you have had a recent change of address, or there were any errors in the address on your last statement, let us know by completing our change of address form.
Your pension and lump sum
Your pension is quoted at an annual rate, like a salary would be. Your lump sum is the one-off, tax free, amount you would receive when you take your benefits.
An automatic lump sum is normally only due to members who had active membership before 1 April 2008. However, all members may opt to convert some of their annual pension to lump sum when they take their benefits.
The "date benefits payable" on your statement is the date your deferred benefits are payable unreduced. If you take your benefits earlier, they will be reduced. More information is on our payment of deferred benefits page.
Annual revaluation of your pension
Your LGPS pension is protected against inflation, and we revalue it each April.
The rate of inflation we use is the Consumer Price Index (CPI). This is measured for the 12 months to September each year, your pension is revalued in line with any change from the following April.
If you left part way through the year, your revaluation will be a proportion of the full year rate.
Reasons you may not have received your statement
If we set up a deferred member record for you by 31 March, and we have your correct address, you should get a statement from us by 31 August.
If we’re still working on your deferred member record, you’ll get a statement from us as soon as we can issue one to you. There could be a number of reasons why you haven’t received your deferred member statement, such as:
- your employer hasn’t informed us yet that you’ve left the LGPS
- your employer has sent us information, but we’re checking some details with them
- we’re working on aggregating your deferred member record with another LGPS record you have. If we haven’t already, we’ll be in touch with you about this
- the address we have for you isn’t right
- we’re currently working on setting up your deferred member record
If something is wrong on your statement
If something looks wrong on your statement, you can contact us using our enquiry form, or by email, phone or post.
When you get in contact with us, you may want to check the following information we hold is correct:
- your address
- your 'date of deferment' (also known as the date you left the LGPS)
- your expression of wish nomination details: you can update this at any time by completing a new nomination form, attached to this page and returning it to us
Links to useful documents