When you join our fund, we’ll send you a letter confirming you’re a member. We include a ‘membership notification’ form with the letter that you’ll need to complete.
We need this information if you wish to transfer your previous pensions into our fund.
If you haven’t received your letter and form, please contact us.
Where you can transfer in from
We accept transfers in from:
We can’t accept transfers in from:
- personal pensions
- the private sector
The Public Sector Transfers Club
The Public Sector Transfers Club is a network of final salary job-related pension funds.
The following funds are included:
- Other LGPS funds (including those in Scotland and Northern Ireland)
- Civil Service
- Armed Forces
- National Health Service (NHS)
- Firefighters' Pension Scheme
Applying for a transfer in
You must return your ‘membership notification’ form within 12 months of joining our fund. It’s important that you return the form as soon as possible due to this deadline.
The form asks you to provide:
- your personal information and employment details
- any previous LGPS membership
- any previous public sector membership
- whether you want to investigate the possibility of transferring in
We'll need to get details from your previous scheme’s administrators before we can write to you about a transfer. This may take a few weeks.
Keeping your benefits separate
You can choose to keep your pension benefits separate. Contact us within 12 months of joining.